You can log in to Mela’s e-Services using Suomi.fi e-identification, which requires personal online banking codes, a mobile certificate or a certificate card.
Mela’s e-Services can be used to submit
- Accident claims
- Travel invoices
- Insurance applications for grant recipients
- Applications for changes to your grant work, such as an interruption, early termination or return to work
Mela’s e-Services can also be used to apply for
- Mela sickness allowances
- Old-age pensions
- Partial old-age pensions
- Disability pensions
- Continuation of rehabilitation allowances
If you have already submitted an accident claim, you can also use our e-Services simply to notify Mela of travel expenses using a separate online form. Remember always to include the date of the accident, your personal ID number and your case number.
Attachments can be sent electronically in various formats
- Send ready PDF files from your computer
- Scan paper documents
- Take photos of receipts and other documents. Image files should be in JPG or IMG format. You can send photos in their original size (reducing the size may result in poor quality). Do not compress images into ZIP files. Good quality photos are just as acceptable as scanned documents.
You can include multiple attachments at the same time. When using our e-Services to apply for benefits, you can also attach any required documents directly to the application. Attachments sent using our e-Services do not need to be signed. Logging in to our e-Services using Suomi.fi e-identification is sufficient.
Our e-Services allow you to check your insurance, accident and pension applications, as well as to receive decisions online. Applications and decisions made before the launch of our new e-Services (4.1.2021) cannot be viewed, however.
You can also use our e-Services to view copies of invoices sent to you since 1 January 2021 and request payment extensions online.
Our e-Services allow you to view your MYEL insurance number, check your customer information and review other details related to your Mela security.
You can also use our e-Services to show all the benefits that have been paid to you, including MATA compensation, Mela sickness allowances and pensions. Annual totals are provided for pensions and compensation, as well as repeating and one-time payments.
Our e-Services allow you to view or print various insurance, pension and compensation documents for accounting purposes or official use. You can also order prints from Mela. The contents of documents printed yourself and ordered from Mela are exactly the same.
Prints that are available include the following:
- Certificate of leisure-time MATA insurance for foreign trips
- Certificate of leisure-time insurance for sports clubs
- Certificate of MYEL and MATA insurance and paid premiums
- Various certificates of pension and compensation amounts for social service officials
- Certificate of MATA insurance for covering treatment expenses
Our e-Services feature a messages function that allows you to communicate with us about any of your Mela security matters over a secure connection.